The Office of Corporation and Foundations Relations mission is the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporation and foundation grants and gifts that support institutional needs and priorities.
The Office of Corporation and Foundation Relations functions as a central clearinghouse and resource for the University community in the following ways:
• Point of entry for corporations and foundations interested in investment, partnership or collaboration with the University;
• Steward of major funding opportunities to University faculty, staff, administrations, deans, department chairs and school-based development officers;
• Pro-active focus on centrally coordinated foundations and key corporate partners and alumni-connected companies;
• Works closely with Citizens Board, a select group of more than 300 business, professional, civic leaders who actively support the University's philanthropic efforts and promote UM programs;
• Service provider to the University community with regard to prospect identification, contact and approach, query and proposal preparation, and post-award stewardship efforts; and a
• Partner with other University offices and centers, including the Office of Alumni Relations, Toppel Career Center, Office of Technology Transfer, Office of Research, and Athletics.